The Canadian Pacific Holiday Train returns to Cottage Grove for the 20th Anniversary of the Cottage Grove Stop, on the evening of Monday, Dec. 12, 2022.
The brightly lit train will arrive with a trainload of fun and entertainment at 5 p.m. Performances by Alan Doyle and Kelly Prescott will begin at 5:15 p.m. from the train stage. Come as early as 3:30 p.m. to enjoy the festivities.
What to Expect
Holiday Train shows are free to attend. Canadian Pacific (CP) asks attendees to bring a cash or toiletry item for donation if they’re able. Because local food shelves buy food at a discount, cash donations go further than food donations to help those in need.
- Free wagon rides from the Park & Ride lot: Sponsored by Zywiec’s Garden Center and the City of Cottage Grove. Rides will begin at 3:30 p.m. Note: Parking at the Park & Ride lot is limited.
- Visit with Santa and enjoy some holiday music before the train arrives.
- Browse merchandise for sale including flannel pajama pants for children and adults, beanie stocking caps, insulated tumblers, ¾ sleeve jersey shirts, sweatshirts, knit caps, fleece mittens, fuzzy socks and Holiday Train patches! A percentage of the proceeds benefit Friends in Need.
- “The Lodge” warming tent, sponsored by RE/MAX Professionals.
- Glow sticks will be given to children in attendance courtesy of Old National Bank, Merchants Bank and Spartan Promotional Group – Mary Slusser (while supplies last).
- Free hot cocoa and cookies, courtesy of Cub Foods (while supplies last).
- Free coffee, courtesy of Caribou Coffee (while supplies last).
- Food Trucks
-D&D Goodies: www.dndgoodies.com
-Northwoods Smokehouse: www.northwoodssmokehouse.com
-Rollin Nolen’s BBQ: www.rollinnolensbbq.com
-Steven D’s: www.facebook.com/StevenDsmn
-Youniverse Foodie: www.youniversefoodie.com
*A percentage of proceeds from each food truck benefits Friends in Need Food Shelf.
West Point Douglas Road, south of Seiben Bridge, in front of Youth Service Bureau.
Can’t make it? You don’t have to miss it! View the livestream of the Holiday Train and musical performances here.
- Metro Transit Park & Ride Lot (7500 West Point Douglas Rd. S, Cottage Grove 55016) on West Point Douglas Road (wagon rides, courtesy of Zywiec’s Garden Center & the City of Cottage Grove will be provided)
- All Saints Lutheran Church: 8100 Belden Blvd, Cottage Grove
- Limited handicap parking can be found in the Youth Service Bureau Lot
About the Holiday Train
The Holiday Train is a great way to get into the festive spirit. The train is about 1,000 feet in length with 14 brightly decorated rail cars. Each car is decorated with hundreds of thousands of LED lights and holiday designs celebrating the spirit of the giving season. Visitors can enjoy free musical performances by Alan Doyle and Kelly Prescott at each stop, and your food or cash donations will benefit the Cottage Grove local community.
The Holiday Train is truly a gift to our communities. This event makes up 25% of our total donations for the year. Last year communities raised $146,074.00 for Friends in Need Food Shelf; 501(c)3 # 41-1794212. In the past 19 years, the Holiday Train event in Cottage Grove has raised over $1,601,324.87 for our local food shelf. This year the goal is to raise $90,000.
If you are unable to attend the event and would still like to donate to the Friends in Need Food Shelf, please send checks payable to the Friends in Need Food Shelf, noting “Holiday Train” in the memo line. Checks can be sent to the Friends in Need Food Shelf, P.O. Box 6, Cottage Grove, MN 55016.